-   -   convert text to a value to be used in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27396-convert-text-value-used-formula.html)

otto

convert text to a value to be used in a formula

I need to identify specific text (letters) with a number and then be allowed
to use that number to calculate a formula. ie - "D" in a cell would be equal
to 10, "E" would be equal to 14, "D/E" would be equal to 24, etc.. I then
wish to add a string of cells that have been converted as above, to equate a
value. ie - 2 "D"s + 1 "E" = 1 "D/E" would calculatte to equal - 68

Vasant Nanavati

Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. Could you elaborate?

--

Vasant