-   -   if a number is less than -1000 in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27235-if-number-less-than-1000-excel-2003-a.html)

SueC

if a number is less than -1000 in Excel 2003

Hi

I am trying to use an if formula to check whether a number is <-1000. I have
tried the following and it doesn't work.
=if(A1<-1000,"true","")

Please can you help.
Thanks

Vasant Nanavati

Works for me. What exactly doesn't work?

--

Vasant

"SueC" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to use an if formula to check whether a number is <-1000. I

have
tried the following and it doesn't work.
=if(A1<-1000,"true","")

Please can you help.
Thanks

KL

Hi Sue,

Works like charm to me. Are you sure you are putting values lower than -1000
in A1, e.g. -1001, -2000, etc.?

Regards,
KL

"SueC" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to use an if formula to check whether a number is <-1000. I
have
tried the following and it doesn't work.
=if(A1<-1000,"true","")

Please can you help.
Thanks

Duke Carey

What do you mean 'it doesn't work'? What does it tell you?

There's nothing wrong with your formula. Are you sure the number is
actually a number, or is it text that looks like a number. Select A1. Make
sure it is formatted as General or Comma, then press F2 & then press Enter.
See if that changes the formula's results.

Post back and let us know.

"SueC" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to use an if formula to check whether a number is <-1000. I
have
tried the following and it doesn't work.
=if(A1<-1000,"true","")

Please can you help.
Thanks

Bob Phillips

Susan,

You do know that -999 is greater than -1000 don't you?

--

HTH

RP

"SueC" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to use an if formula to check whether a number is <-1000. I

have
tried the following and it doesn't work.
=if(A1<-1000,"true","")

Please can you help.
Thanks

SueC

Thank you all.
I had the incorrect formatting on my s/sheet. Should have tried that first.

"SueC" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to use an if formula to check whether a number is <-1000. I
have
tried the following and it doesn't work.
=if(A1<-1000,"true","")

Please can you help.
Thanks

SueC