Robbie

Default automatically adjust numbers in a column when data is deleted

I have numbers 1 through 17 in cells A264 to A281. I want to be able to
delete information in cell A266 and have the numbers adjust so that instead
of having to retype all of my numbers in again, Excel will automatically
adjust the numbers. Any suggestions?
Mexage

On A264:

=1

On A265:

=OFFSET(A265,-1,0)+1

Fill Drag A265 to A281

Enjoy.

Hope this helps; if it does, rate my post.

"Robbie" wrote:

I have numbers 1 through 17 in cells A264 to A281. I want to be able to
delete information in cell A266 and have the numbers adjust so that instead
of having to retype all of my numbers in again, Excel will automatically
adjust the numbers. Any suggestions?

Ashish Mathur

Enter the following formula in cell A265 and then copy it down

COUNT($a$264:a264)+1

Now if you delete any row in between, it will continue numbering from the
previous number ant not from one.

Regards,

Ashish Mathur