-   -   Keeping date format of a field inserted from an excel database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27120-keeping-date-format-field-inserted-excel-database.html)

Tim Cossins

Keeping date format of a field inserted from an excel database

The format of the date keeps showing in the field as mm/dd/yy (ie US format)
instead of UK dd/mm/yy. Database has it set correct, I've checked regional
settings within word & excel and also regional settings of the system from
the control panel.
I've tried adding field switching codes but that throws up an error and
wants to remove the field altogether as its not in the database... Please
help

Alan

Are you importing these dates? If you format one as general, does it show a
number?
Regards,
Alan.