-   -   divide numbers up for a paper form (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/270901-divide-numbers-up-paper-form.html)

Revenue

divide numbers up for a paper form

Ok, here are two separate form problems I have.

Form 1 requires whole dollars in one column, and the cents in
another.

ie 27,651.09 needs to be "27,651" in one column and "09" in the one
right next to it. These numbers are formula driven totals calculated
elsewhere that must be transformed for this one form, as archaic as
the form happens to be.

Form 2 is worse, this would take a number like "27,651.09" and divide
it one digit at a time for the approximate box on the printed form.

ie 2|7|6|5|1|0|9|

I tried =text type formulas with the idea of extrapolating which
places I needed for the respective boxes, but that is not working out
well.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Pete_UK[_8_]

divide numbers up for a paper form

Suppose your calculated value is in A1. This will give you the integer
value:

=INT(A1)

but if you need it as text then do this:

=TEXT(INT(A1),"#,##0")

The following will give you the cents, with leading zeros preserved:

=TEXT((A1-INT(A1))*100,"00")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 23, 7:52*pm, Revenue wrote:
Ok, here are two separate form problems I have.

Form 1 requires whole dollars in one column, and the cents in
another.

ie *27,651.09 needs to be * "27,651" in one column and "09" in the one
right next to it. These numbers are formula driven totals calculated
elsewhere that must be transformed for this one form, as archaic as
the form happens to be.

Form 2 is worse, this would take a number like "27,651.09" and divide
it one digit at a time for the approximate box on the printed form.

ie * 2|7|6|5|1|0|9|

I tried =text type formulas with the idea of extrapolating which
places I needed for the respective boxes, but that is not working out
well.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Don Guillett[_2_]

[...]