Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Split words in a cell

I have a spreadsheet which contains a column for 'Student's full names'. I
want to split the full names which consists of 3 or 4 names combined with a
space between them. How do I do this.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataText to Columns??

Or post some examples and show where you want the split.

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:18:33 +0300, "Rafeek"
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which contains a column for 'Student's full names'. I
want to split the full names which consists of 3 or 4 names combined with a
space between them. How do I do this.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataText to Columns. This is what I was looking for.
Is there any commands to do the opposite? I know it can be done with
concatenate function or by joining with ampersand.

Thank you.

wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which contains a column for 'Student's full names'. I
want to split the full names which consists of 3 or 4 names combined with
space between them. How do I do this.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel has no functions to join strings from cells other than
concatenate or ampersand which you know about.

There are single step methods available using VBA, of course.

Gord

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 04:10:13 +0300, "m.m.ahmed"
wrote:

DataText to Columns. This is what I was looking for.
Is there any commands to do the opposite? I know it can be done with
concatenate function or by joining with ampersand.

Thank you.

.. .