-   -   Changing the color of rows - conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/270890-changing-color-rows-conditional-formatting.html)

Saucer Man

Changing the color of rows - conditional formatting

Using conditional formatting, how can I change the color of the row
(highlight) if a certain cell in the worksheet is not blank? It should
check all rows for this and change them accordingly.

Thanks!

Gord

Changing the color of rows - conditional formatting

Best guess based upon description.

I will assume by "certain cell in the worksheet" you mean "certain
cell in each row"

Select all rows to be colored.

In CF use Formula is:

=$A1<"" where column A is the "certain cell" in each row.

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 12:23:25 -0400, "Saucer Man"
wrote:

Using conditional formatting, how can I change the color of the row
(highlight) if a certain cell in the worksheet is not blank? It should
check all rows for this and change them accordingly.

Thanks!

Saucer Man

Changing the color of rows - conditional formatting

Thank you very much.

"Gord" wrote in message ...

Best guess based upon description.

I will assume by "certain cell in the worksheet" you mean "certain
cell in each row"

Select all rows to be colored.

In CF use Formula is:

=$A1<"" where column A is the "certain cell" in each row.

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

Gord

Changing the color of rows - conditional formatting

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:13:33 -0400, "Saucer Man"
wrote:

Thank you very much.