-   -   percent formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27078-percent-formulas.html)

rtillt

percent formulas

I am receiving inaccurate calculations for the following:

A B C
315 1575 500%
1 315 31500%

using formula b/a and formatiing c for %. C1 is correct, where C2 is not.
The acutal entry for A1 is 0, but get an error using 0. I also have where A
is greater than B and not receiving a negative value.

Thanks

--
Lisa

Gary Brown

Lisa,

31500% is correct for C2.

If you want to show a -0- if the denominator is -0-, put this formula in
C1...
=if(A1=0,0,b1/a1)

<<I also have where A is greater than B and not receiving a negative value.

I -THINK- what you want is a formula such as...
=IF(A1=0,0,IF(B1=A1,B1/A1,IF(B1=0,0,-A1/B1)))

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

Please rate this posting if it is helpful to you.