-   -   search more than one character (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26947-search-more-than-one-character.html)

Dolores

search more than one character

Hi!
I am looking to find a way how I can search for more than one character out
of a existing column. I have tried to set a formula but somehow something is
wrong...
e.g. =MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&J11&"*","*"&A1:A4& "*")),0)

I thank for any help that I can get in advance!

Dolores

Duke Carey

This makes at least three posts with the same question. It's been answered.
See the answer from Peo to your 2d post.

"Dolores" wrote:

Hi!
I am looking to find a way how I can search for more than one character out
of a existing column. I have tried to set a formula but somehow something is
wrong...
e.g. =MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&J11&"*","*"&A1:A4& "*")),0)

I thank for any help that I can get in advance!

Dolores

Dolores

sorry! thought it didn't go trough