-   -   Loop through drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/268820-loop-through-drop-down-list.html)

mcousin

Loop through drop down list

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone can help me. This is what I'm trying to do... Highlight all cells from a tab, use a drop down list and select a name from the list, then copy that information and paste it into another workbook, then go back to the first workbook and copy the tab name and paste that name into the tab of the new workbook, then save the new workbook as the name from the list and the current date... I'd like to loop through each name in the drop down list and save each name with it's own file using the current date... Does anyone have any idea how to do that? I hope that makes sense....

Range("A1").Select
Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=29, Criteria1:="Barry"
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("test.xls").Activate