-   -   Saving a sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26805-saving-sum.html)

fishy

Saving a sum

I want to find the sum of a series of cell values, then delete those values
and just keep the sum. Is there a way to keep that sum then change the value
of the cells included in the sum?

Norman Jones

Hi Fishy,

With the sum cell selected:

Edit Copy | Edit Paste Special | Values | OK.

This will freeze the snapshot sum value and you can then change/delete the
series cell values without altering the original sum..

---
Regards,
Norman