-   -   UNDO - how many times can I UNDO? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26803-undo-how-many-times-can-i-undo.html)

Jane

UNDO - how many times can I UNDO?

how many times can I UNDO? is it back to the last time I saved or is there a
limit? IF the re is a limit, how many times is it limited to?
thanks! jane

Norman Jones

Hi Jane,

The default number of undo levels is 16. This value can be changed by
altering a Microsoft Windows registry setting, although MS recommend that
this value should not exceed 100.

That said, the undo levels value represents a maximum and the undo stack is
cleared each time the workbook is saved. Other actions, such as macro
activity, may also clear the undo stack.

For information on changing the number of undo levels see the following
KnowledgeBase article:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jane" wrote in message
how many times can I UNDO? is it back to the last time I saved or is there
limit? IF the re is a limit, how many times is it limited to?
thanks! jane

Jane

perfect! thank you Norman!