quartz

Default Subtracting time

I'm blanking on this:

Take 7:30 AM and subtract 12:00 PM to get hours worked...
How can I put that in a formula and have it return 4.5?

TIA
Barb R.

First, you'll need to subtract the END TIME from the START TIME.

Let's say
Start time A1= 7:30 AM
End Time B1 = 12:00 PM

C1 = (B1-A1)*24 and format C1 to NUMBER with 2 decimal places.

"quartz" wrote:

I'm blanking on this:

Take 7:30 AM and subtract 12:00 PM to get hours worked...
How can I put that in a formula and have it return 4.5?

TIA

Paul B

quartz, 12:00 pm - 7:30 am x 24, format cell as general, like this
=(B1-A1)*24
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003