-   -   Create a formula to remove text to the left of specified char? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26630-create-formula-remove-text-left-specified-char.html)

TheLazer

Create a formula to remove text to the left of specified char?

I have a long list of cells that all contain the text 'CN=User Name'. I
would like to remove all the text to the left of User Name leaving me with
just that. Is there a function that can do this for me and if not could I
and how would I go about doing it in VBA?

Mangesh

consider your text lies in cell A1, then use the following formula:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("=",A1))

- Mangesh

"TheLazer" wrote in message
I have a long list of cells that all contain the text 'CN=User Name'. I
would like to remove all the text to the left of User Name leaving me with
just that. Is there a function that can do this for me and if not could I
and how would I go about doing it in VBA?

CLR

Another way..........if your list is in column A, put this in B1 and copy
down.........

=MID(A1,FIND("=",A1,1)+1,99)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TheLazer" wrote in message
I have a long list of cells that all contain the text 'CN=User Name'. I
would like to remove all the text to the left of User Name leaving me with
just that. Is there a function that can do this for me and if not could I
and how would I go about doing it in VBA?

DonCam65

Use Find and Replace
Find "CN=" (no quotes)
Replace with "" (no quotes) -(absolutely nothing - dont even touch the
field)
This will leave you with just the name whatever it is.
Try the first couple to ensure proper result then "all"
--
Don C