-   -   how do we calculate T-bill Price in 365 days year. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26625-how-do-we-calculate-t-bill-price-365-days-year.html)

ASHAR ZUKA FAROOQI

how do we calculate T-bill Price in 365 days year.

In Pakistan we calculate T- bill Prices on the basis of 365 yaers a day. In
the formual of T-bill Price the basis of 360 days a year. So we found an
error of calculation. Please advice me.
Regards

Andy Wiggins

According to the Help file, the formula to calculate TBILLPRICE is:
100*(1-discount%*(Maturity Date - Settlement Date)/360).
Use this instead of the provided function and change 360 to 365.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"ASHAR ZUKA FAROOQI" <ASHAR ZUKA wrote in
message ...
In Pakistan we calculate T- bill Prices on the basis of 365 yaers a day.

In
the formual of T-bill Price the basis of 360 days a year. So we found an
error of calculation. Please advice me.
Regards

Bernard Liengme

So you could also use =TBILLPRICE(....)*360/365
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Andy Wiggins" wrote in message
According to the Help file, the formula to calculate TBILLPRICE is:
100*(1-discount%*(Maturity Date - Settlement Date)/360).
Use this instead of the provided function and change 360 to 365.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com
Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy
-

"ASHAR ZUKA FAROOQI" <ASHAR ZUKA wrote
in
message ...
In Pakistan we calculate T- bill Prices on the basis of 365 yaers a day.

In
the formual of T-bill Price the basis of 360 days a year. So we found an
error of calculation. Please advice me.
Regards

Andy Wiggins

Which method would be faster? One using raw Excel, or one going through an
addin function? Obviously it would depend on the user's needs.