-   -   Pull records based on name in more than 1 column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/266025-pull-records-based-name-more-than-1-column.html)

manitouboat

Pull records based on name in more than 1 column

I have a pay roll sheet with a 1000 rows. I need a report that pulls base on reps name. That only pulls rows with his name. example row 3 a3 rob b3 rob c3 stan d3 $100 row 4 a4 bill b4 stan c3 stan d4 $50
Pull report and now delete stans & bills names from report for privacy. so i can print and give to rep. But keep all the other data in that row.

wickedchew

Quote:

Originally Posted by manitouboat (Post 959619)
I have a pay roll sheet with a 1000 rows. I need a report that pulls base on reps name. That only pulls rows with his name. example row 3 a3 rob b3 rob c3 stan d3 $100 row 4 a4 bill b4 stan c3 stan d4 $50
Pull report and now delete stans & bills names from report for privacy. so i can print and give to rep. But keep all the other data in that row.

Pivot table?

manitouboat

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedchew (Post 959628)
Pivot table?

Unless I am missing something. I can not use a pivot table. I need something that will reference more than one column in a row. Pull any row that has that query in any column. Yet NOT show any names in that row that are not queried. Yet show the names queried. If you can do this with a pivot table please send instructions or a example.
Thanks

wickedchew

Quote:

Originally Posted by manitouboat (Post 959635)
Unless I am missing something. I can not use a pivot table. I need something that will reference more than one column in a row. Pull any row that has that query in any column. Yet NOT show any names in that row that are not queried. Yet show the names queried. If you can do this with a pivot table please send instructions or a example.
Thanks

You can only select A3 and D3 columns as your data in your pivot.