-   -   Page numbers problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/265341-page-numbers-problem.html)

yugo23

Page numbers problem

If I want to add page number to 3 sheets, I select all 3 sheets, and add &[Page] to Custom footer. What I get is that pages are numbered 1,2 and 3.

When I do the same, but set first page number to 5, pages are numbered 5,5 and 5.

What am I doing wrong here?

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by yugo23 (Post 958702)
If I want to add page number to 3 sheets, I select all 3 sheets, and add &[Page] to Custom footer. What I get is that pages are numbered 1,2 and 3.

When I do the same, but set first page number to 5, pages are numbered 5,5 and 5.

What am I doing wrong here?

I think you cannot give page number in footer at a time to all the three sheets. try each sheet - go to footer - define page number in the footer.

all the best.