-   -   Average If (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/265174-average-if.html)

Carl

Average If

Is it possible to compute an average given a criteria.

For example, I have some data like this:

30 Day High30 Day Vol
267.22 46.11
79.24 35.29
26.24 68.58
42.39 58.24
53.94 48.04
70.70 34.96
151.13 41.55
32.77 23.85
30.87 27.88

I wanted to compute an average of ColB if ColA was equal to or greater than
75.

In this case, the average would be 40.98

Thank you in advance.

Don Guillett[_2_]

Average If

This is an ARRAY formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter
=AVERAGE(IF((A2:A1075),B2:B10))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"carl" wrote in message
Is it possible to compute an average given a criteria.

For example, I have some data like this:

30 Day High30 Day Vol
267.22 46.11
79.24 35.29
26.24 68.58
42.39 58.24
53.94 48.04
70.70 34.96
151.13 41.55
32.77 23.85
30.87 27.88

I wanted to compute an average of ColB if ColA was equal to or greater
than
75.

In this case, the average would be 40.98

Thank you in advance.

Gary''s Student

Average If

=AVERAGE(IF(A:A75,B:B))
This is an array formula that must be entered with:
CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER
rather than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"carl" wrote:

Is it possible to compute an average given a criteria.

For example, I have some data like this:

30 Day High30 Day Vol
267.22 46.11
79.24 35.29
26.24 68.58
42.39 58.24
53.94 48.04
70.70 34.96
151.13 41.55
32.77 23.85
30.87 27.88

I wanted to compute an average of ColB if ColA was equal to or greater than
75.

In this case, the average would be 40.98

Thank you in advance.

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

Average If

If you have Excel 2007+, then use non-array formula
=AVERAGEIF(A2:A10,"=75",B2:B10)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme