-   -   SumIf and vlookup formula help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/265172-sumif-vlookup-formula-help.html)

Nikki

SumIf and vlookup formula help

I have 5 categories that I need to sum but it is on another tab. I can't
remember how to use the Sumif and vlookup formula together.

Product A = 100
Product A = 100
Product A = 300

a vlookup will only give me the first hit but I need all three totals for
product A so Product A = $500 instead of the first one it finds Product A =
$100

Jacob Skaria

SumIf and vlookup formula help

Try

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"& {"sheet1","sheet2","Sheet3"}
&"'!A:A"),"Product1",INDIRECT("'"& {"sheet1","sheet2","Sheet3"} &"'!B:B")))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Nikki" wrote:

I have 5 categories that I need to sum but it is on another tab. I can't
remember how to use the Sumif and vlookup formula together.

Product A = 100
Product A = 100
Product A = 300

a vlookup will only give me the first hit but I need all three totals for
product A so Product A = $500 instead of the first one it finds Product A =
$100

Steve Dunn

SumIf and vlookup formula help

Hi Nikki,

You don't need VLOOKUP at all, just SUMIF.

=SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$5,"Product A",Sheet1!$B$1:$B$5)

"Nikki" wrote in message
I have 5 categories that I need to sum but it is on another tab. I can't
remember how to use the Sumif and vlookup formula together.

Product A = 100
Product A = 100
Product A = 300

a vlookup will only give me the first hit but I need all three totals for
product A so Product A = $500 instead of the first one it finds Product A
=
$100