-   -   CONVERT function for Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/264906-convert-function-excel-2003-a.html)

Chandrahas

CONVERT function for Excel 2003

I was trying to format time in decimals to days:hours:mins format. While
using microsoft excel 2003 help, they said to use CONVERT funtion for the
same. But there isnt any CONVERT funtion in the Inset menufuntions, in excel
2003. I tried for the same on Excel 2003 installed in other computers as well
to confirm, but they didnt have it either. Could anyone explain why? And how
could I install the CONVERT funtion on to my Excel 2003?

Roger Govier[_8_]

CONVERT function for Excel 2003

Hi

Time is stored as fractions of a day (24 hours).
So to convert your data, with decimals hours in cell A1, enter in B1
=A1/24
and format B1 FormatCellNumberCustom d:hh:mm
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Chandrahas wrote:
I was trying to format time in decimals to days:hours:mins format. While
using microsoft excel 2003 help, they said to use CONVERT funtion for the
same. But there isnt any CONVERT funtion in the Inset menufuntions, in excel
2003. I tried for the same on Excel 2003 installed in other computers as well
to confirm, but they didnt have it either. Could anyone explain why? And how
could I install the CONVERT funtion on to my Excel 2003?

Gord Dibben

CONVERT function for Excel 2003

Load the Analysis Toolpak through ToolsAdd-ins to access CONVERT function.

If you looked up CONVERT in help you would have found that out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP