-   -   Hold a cell range for an "average formula" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/264861-hold-cell-range-average-formula.html)

Wendy Akers

Hold a cell range for an "average formula"

I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always
calculate the current 5 column range.

Glenn

Wendy Akers wrote:
I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always
calculate the current 5 column range.

Add a column WHERE?

What "formula"?

Where is the "current 5 column range"?

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Hold a cell range for an "average formula"

Hi,

Let's say your data is in range C3:H3. In cell K3, enter the following
array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) to get the average

=AVERAGE(OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(3,MAX(ISNUMBER(C3 :J3)*COLUMN(C3:J3))+1)),0,-5,1,5))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com