-   -   Get column headings to float when scrolling down? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/264826-get-column-headings-float-when-scrolling-down.html)

Wendy

Get column headings to float when scrolling down?

How do I get the first three or four lines where I have typed in my column
headings to "float" down as I'm entering information in the lines below?

tim m

Get column headings to float when scrolling down?

Put your cursor just below the lines you want to float and then 'freeze
panes' (I'm not sure which version of excel you are working with.)

"Wendy" wrote:

How do I get the first three or four lines where I have typed in my column
headings to "float" down as I'm entering information in the lines below?

T. Valko

Get column headings to float when scrolling down?

Let's assume you have column headers in A1, A2 and A3.

Select cell A4
Goto the menu WindowFreeze Panes

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Wendy" wrote in message
How do I get the first three or four lines where I have typed in my column
headings to "float" down as I'm entering information in the lines below?

Gord Dibben

Get column headings to float when scrolling down?

Select A4 and WindowFreeze Panes.

Rows 1 to 3 will remain in view as you scroll down the sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP