-   -   change color font after updated (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/264369-change-color-font-after-updated.html)

Reza

change color font after updated

hi all,

i work with excel everyday, sometimes i forget which one i already changed
in that sheet.
i.e in column D, i have a values.
now every time i changes or update that column, the color of font will
change automatically maybe red, yellow or anything. at least i can know the
changed.

many thanks for ur help

reza

L. Howard Kittle

change color font after updated

You could try something like this. Might get you headed in the right
direction.

If Target.Column < 4 Then Exit Sub
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"reza" wrote in message
hi all,

i work with excel everyday, sometimes i forget which one i already changed
in that sheet.
i.e in column D, i have a values.
now every time i changes or update that column, the color of font will
change automatically maybe red, yellow or anything. at least i can know
the
changed.

many thanks for ur help

reza

L. Howard Kittle

change color font after updated

Hmmm, you said FONT not cell so try this.

If Target.Column < 4 Then Exit Sub
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3 '4
End Sub

Regareds,
Howard

"reza" wrote in message
hi all,

i work with excel everyday, sometimes i forget which one i already changed
in that sheet.
i.e in column D, i have a values.
now every time i changes or update that column, the color of font will
change automatically maybe red, yellow or anything. at least i can know
the
changed.

many thanks for ur help

reza

Reza

change color font after updated

nice...work greats

thanks howard..

"reza" wrote in message
hi all,

i work with excel everyday, sometimes i forget which one i already changed
in that sheet.
i.e in column D, i have a values.
now every time i changes or update that column, the color of font will
change automatically maybe red, yellow or anything. at least i can know
the
changed.

many thanks for ur help

reza

.

Pragesan

Quote:

Originally Posted by reza (Post 955928)
nice...work greats

thanks howard..

"reza" wrote in message
hi all,

i work with excel everyday, sometimes i forget which one i already changed
in that sheet.
i.e in column D, i have a values.
now every time i changes or update that column, the color of font will
change automatically maybe red, yellow or anything. at least i can know
the
changed.

many thanks for ur help

reza

.

Hi I have never worked with excel before in terms of creating functions.So please bare with me.I think i have the similiar problem.I have an excel sheet that is attached to a word document which i use to generate reports and everytime the excel sheet gets updated I want the a specific column to change color if there were any change in it.

Please assist me.