-   -   Time formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/264039-time-formula.html)

Dottie

Time formula

Working with a spreadsheet (Excel 2007) that has a start time, end time and
time
Start Stop time
14:00 15:18 1:18
Would like to convert time to minutes and add 15 minutes to the answer. I
have set up a custom format for minutes [m] but can't get the +15. Any help
you can give me will be appreaciated.

Mike H

Time formula

Hi,

Try this

=(B2-A2)+TIME(0,15,0)
--
Mike

question.

"Dottie" wrote:

Working with a spreadsheet (Excel 2007) that has a start time, end time and
time
Start Stop time
14:00 15:18 1:18
Would like to convert time to minutes and add 15 minutes to the answer. I
have set up a custom format for minutes [m] but can't get the +15. Any help
you can give me will be appreaciated.

dgnamu

Questions

hi,

can someone helps me to solve this problem?

name no books read month
nasir 1 12-jan-2010
adam 2 12-jan-2010
fatima 3 14-jan-2010
nasir 2 2-feb-2010
adam 1 2-feb-2010
fatima 1 3-feb-2010
nasir 1 7-mar-2010
adam 4 16-mar-2010
fatima 1 21-mar-2010
nasir 1 17-apr-2010
adam 4 18-apr-2010
fatima 1 24-apr-2010

now, what i'm doing is i'm just selecting the specific month and do the
counting. The formula is Sum(B2:B4) for january. this come to a problem if
the array is not sort accordingly.

what i want is, i'm trying to get the total no of book read in a specific
month like jan or mar. but the formula should cover from jan-apr. please
someone helps me to generate the formula.

Luke M[_4_]

Questions

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(C2:C100)=1),--(MONTH(C2:C100<=2),B2:B100)

Where 1 represents Jan, and 2 represents February. If you want only 1 months
data, change btoh of these numbers to the same value.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"dgnamu" wrote in message

[...]

Mike, thank you it works great. Now they want to convert the answer to
minutes. I tried add [m] to formatting but get a really weird answer.

Again, thank you in advance for your help.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=(B2-A2)+TIME(0,15,0)
--
Mike

question.

"Dottie" wrote:

Working with a spreadsheet (Excel 2007) that has a start time, end time and
time
Start Stop time
14:00 15:18 1:18
Would like to convert time to minutes and add 15 minutes to the answer. I
have set up a custom format for minutes [m] but can't get the +15. Any help
you can give me will be appreaciated.

Luke M[_4_]

Time formula

If you really just want a single digit answer:
=(B2-H2)*24*60+15

Will convert the normal decimal value of time into a integer representing
minutes.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Dottie" wrote in message
Mike, thank you it works great. Now they want to convert the answer to
minutes. I tried add [m] to formatting but get a really weird answer.

Again, thank you in advance for your help.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=(B2-A2)+TIME(0,15,0)