-   -   Updating Links to Other Excel Files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26391-updating-links-other-excel-files.html)

JAD

Updating Links to Other Excel Files

I have an Excel file in which I enter a number which corrsesponds to a V
Lookup in another Excel file. When I answer yes to connecting to the look up
file, it then prompts me to open the file. When I select the folder under
which the file is located, their is no visable file shown even though it is
their. The same thing happens if I open the second Ecel file and I receive a
prompt for finding the associated file. When I go to the folder that contains
the file, no visable file is shown. Both files are on a removable hard drive
if that helps. Any assitance would be appreciated. Thank You, JAD

Gary Brown

Could you have the wrong 'Files of type:' showing?
HTH,
--
Gary Brown