-   -   Adding Parenthsis to a Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26390-adding-parenthsis-cell.html)

Mark Jackson

Adding Parenthsis to a Cell

Hello,

How can I add a parenthesis to a cell? I have a number that is not a
negitive number but I still would like to put a parenthesis aroung it. Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Mark

Alok

Do a custom formatting as follows

(General);(-General);(General);

Alok Joshi

"Mark Jackson" wrote:

Hello,

How can I add a parenthesis to a cell? I have a number that is not a
negitive number but I still would like to put a parenthesis aroung it. Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Mark

CLR

Right click on the cell, then FormatCells Number tab Custom and in the
Type: window, put ( #### ) OK

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mark Jackson" wrote in message
Hello,

How can I add a parenthesis to a cell? I have a number that is not a
negitive number but I still would like to put a parenthesis aroung it.

Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Mark