-   -   =SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple string (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/263490-%3Dsubstitute-c4-%7E-will-work-remove-multiple-string.html)

Raja Mahendiran S

=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple string

Hi All,

I need to remove multiple string (special characters) in an excel field.

Would the following work =SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#",""). I need to execte this
without using Nest Function.

Please help!!!

Thank You

Bob Phillips[_4_]

=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple string

No, you need to nest them.

--

HTH

Bob

"Raja Mahendiran S" <Raja Mahendiran wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

I need to remove multiple string (special characters) in an excel field.

Would the following work =SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#",""). I need to execte this
without using Nest Function.

Please help!!!

Thank You

Fred Smith[_4_]

=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple string

Nest not a function. It's just a description of putting one function within
another. So what you need is:
=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(C4,"#",""),"?"," "),"~","")

Regards,
Fred

"Raja Mahendiran S" <Raja Mahendiran wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

I need to remove multiple string (special characters) in an excel field.

Would the following work =SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#",""). I need to execte this
without using Nest Function.

Please help!!!

Thank You

Jacob Skaria

=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple str

The replace text argument could be blank as below

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(C4,"#",),"?",)," ~",)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Nest not a function. It's just a description of putting one function within
another. So what you need is:
=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(C4,"#",""),"?"," "),"~","")

Regards,
Fred

"Raja Mahendiran S" <Raja Mahendiran wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

I need to remove multiple string (special characters) in an excel field.

Would the following work =SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#",""). I need to execte this
without using Nest Function.

Please help!!!

Thank You

.

Raja Mahendiran S[_2_]

=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple str

Hi Bob,

Thank You, for spending some time on this.

However my friend did this a long ago without Nesting it.

He told me if your confident about the formula that you used and excel not
returning the result. You need to copy the source data to the below cell and
You need to use Ctrl+D Shortcut key to copy the formula from above cell, Then
the formula should work. For example

IF Cell C4=Raja~Mahendiran?#. I need to copy this data to C5 and
IF Cell D4=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#",""). I need to Use Ctrl+D.

However what he said is not working!!!

Could you please try the above or investigate on this

Thank You,
Raja Mahendiran S

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No, you need to nest them.

--

HTH

Bob

"Raja Mahendiran S" <Raja Mahendiran wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

I need to remove multiple string (special characters) in an excel field.

Would the following work =SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#",""). I need to execte this
without using Nest Function.

Please help!!!

Thank You

.

Raja Mahendiran S[_2_]

=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple str

Hi Fred,

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Nest not a function. It's just a description of putting one function within
another. So what you need is:
=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(C4,"#",""),"?"," "),"~","")

Regards,
Fred

"Raja Mahendiran S" <Raja Mahendiran wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

I need to remove multiple string (special characters) in an excel field.

Would the following work =SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#",""). I need to execte this
without using Nest Function.

Please help!!!

Thank You

.

Raja Mahendiran S[_2_]

=SUBSTITUTE(C4,"~?#","") will this work to remove multiple str

Hi Jacob,