-   -   Is there a way to format a cell to show aging? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/263375-there-way-format-cell-show-aging.html)

Carolina Girl[_2_]

Is there a way to format a cell to show aging?

I am working on a financial spreadsheet and would like to have a column
showing how many days have passed after the date in another column. Is there
any way to do this?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Is there a way to format a cell to show aging?

=TODAY()-A2
--
David Biddulph

"Carolina Girl" <Carolina wrote in message
I am working on a financial spreadsheet and would like to have a column
showing how many days have passed after the date in another column. Is
there
any way to do this?

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_4_]

Is there a way to format a cell to show aging?

On Fri, 7 May 2010 13:18:01 -0700, Carolina Girl <Carolina
wrote:

I am working on a financial spreadsheet and would like to have a column
showing how many days have passed after the date in another column. Is there
any way to do this?

You can subtract the data in "another column" from todays date the get
the "age". Use the TODAY() formula like this in cell B1 if "another
column" is column A.

=TODAY()-A1

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Project Mangler

Is there a way to format a cell to show aging?

CG,

check out

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/datedif.aspx

"Carolina Girl" <Carolina wrote in message
I am working on a financial spreadsheet and would like to have a column
showing how many days have passed after the date in another column. Is

there
any way to do this?

nadine

Is there a way to format a cell to show aging?

In the cell where you want the number of days to be (we'll use A2 for this),
type in the following:
=TODAY()-A2
Format the cell as General and it will show you how many days.

"Carolina Girl" wrote:

I am working on a financial spreadsheet and would like to have a column
showing how many days have passed after the date in another column. Is there
any way to do this?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Is there a way to format a cell to show aging?

For number of days, what would be the advantage of using DATEDIF instead of
just =TODAY()-A2 ?
--
David Biddulph