-   -   Excell - two conditions count if factors are true when negative nu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/263277-excell-two-conditions-count-if-factors-true-when-negative-nu.html)

LINDA

Excell - two conditions count if factors are true when negative nu

Formula to count if two conditions. I want to count column b when = "CAS"
and if the number in column J is a negative number.

I have tried =COUNTIF(B7:B21,"=CAS")=SUM(J7:J21,""<0)
but it returns a "false" read.

Column "b" are all words and Column "J" is numbers, but sometimes a negative
number and I only want it to count if it is "0" or Less (negative)

Gary''s Student

Excell - two conditions count if factors are true when negative nu

=SUMPRODUCT((B7:B21="CAS")*(J7:J21<0))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

"linda" wrote:

Formula to count if two conditions. I want to count column b when = "CAS"
and if the number in column J is a negative number.

I have tried =COUNTIF(B7:B21,"=CAS")=SUM(J7:J21,""<0)
but it returns a "false" read.

Column "b" are all words and Column "J" is numbers, but sometimes a negative
number and I only want it to count if it is "0" or Less (negative)

Glenn

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct