-   -   Counting for frequency (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/263170-counting-frequency.html)

Roxana

Counting for frequency

How can I count the frequency a piece of data occurs in an array? I am trying
to determine if a a set of data repeats itself and how many times it repeats
itself. I am aware of the "FREQUENCY" funtion, think that perhaps I can
combine it with SUMIF or COUNT IF but I am not getting any viable results
yet.
I hope someone can help soon!
Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Counting for frequency

Why dont you post sample data.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Roxana" wrote:

How can I count the frequency a piece of data occurs in an array? I am trying
to determine if a a set of data repeats itself and how many times it repeats
itself. I am aware of the "FREQUENCY" funtion, think that perhaps I can
combine it with SUMIF or COUNT IF but I am not getting any viable results
yet.
I hope someone can help soon!
Thanks

Joe User[_2_]

Counting for frequency

"Roxana" wrote:
How can I count the frequency a piece of data occurs in an array?
I am trying to determine if a a set of data repeats itself and how
many times it repeats itself. I am aware of the "FREQUENCY"
funtion, think that perhaps I can combine it with SUMIF or COUNT IF
but I am not getting any viable results yet.

It's unclrear whether you simply need help with SUMIF and/or COUNTIF, if the
nature of your problem requires a different approach.

You really have not provided sufficient data for a constructive response.
Post your SUMIF and COUNTIF formulas that you have tried. Post some same
data along with your intended results.