-   -   Stop text from stringing into next field when empty (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26280-stop-text-stringing-into-next-field-when-empty.html)

NothingButRomance

Stop text from stringing into next field when empty

Thanks Max! You are absolutely right! I did try it again and they are
saved. Not sure what happened when I tried it before, but I couldn't
get it to show correctly after saving and reopening. This time it did.
My only problem now is, when I go into that field/cell in the future, I
will have to deal with the space, right? That field/cell is the most
important cell after the database is setup and the other fields/cells
before it are locked. This is where we will put the inventory and pay
attention to see if we have one of each book in that series so that we
can gather them and post them to auction. Guess if we leave the space
in there for ALL of them in the row, they will still line up the same
and be easily read....right? it would be easier then deleting ='s from
each cell when typing in the box number.

Thanks so much again!!!!
Lalla
Owner & Web Designer : www.NothingButRomance.com
Web designer : www.WaresEthnicCeramics.com

Max Wrote:
If you put something in the next cell it will not fill over,-
you could put ="" for instance-

Hitting a space would be slightly faster, no? g

But the OP did mention this ..
-
hit the space button to make the field
before it (with the sentence) think that its not empty,-

But thought that this part of the original post
may not be quite correct, going by tests carried out here ..
-
but that only works while you have it open, even if you save,
the string comes back the next time you access the file.-

The space(s) remained where they were hit or copied down
--
Rgds
Max

--
NothingButRomance

Max

You're welcome !
Glad you got the correct behaviour the 2nd time round <g
--
Rgds
Max