-   -   taking numbers in vertical cells putting them in horizontal cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/262689-taking-numbers-vertical-cells-putting-them-horizontal-cells.html)

jhawk22

taking numbers in vertical cells putting them in horizontal cells

I'm looking for the formula that will take numbers in vertical cells putting
them in horizontal cells. I'm copying from a worksheet that has numbers
listed in columns and need to put them into cells that are in rows.

Thanks

JLatham

taking numbers in vertical cells putting them in horizontal cells

Insert a new worksheet into the book. Go to the first sheet and select all
of the cells and use Edit -- Copy (or [Ctrl]+[C]) to copy them, go to the
second sheet and use Edit -- Paste Special with the "Transpose" box checked.
See if that doesn't do the trick for you.

"jhawk22" wrote:

I'm looking for the formula that will take numbers in vertical cells putting
them in horizontal cells. I'm copying from a worksheet that has numbers
listed in columns and need to put them into cells that are in rows.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

taking numbers in vertical cells putting them in horizontal cells

Look in Excel help for "transpose".
--
David Biddulph

"jhawk22" wrote in message
I'm looking for the formula that will take numbers in vertical cells
putting
them in horizontal cells. I'm copying from a worksheet that has numbers
listed in columns and need to put them into cells that are in rows.

Thanks

Bob Umlas[_3_]

taking numbers in vertical cells putting them in horizontal cells

By NOT formulas:
Select A1:A10 (or wherever the data are), click on the leftmost cell to
contain the results, use Paste Special & click the "Transpose" checkbox.
By Formulas:
If your range is 10 rows x 1 column, select 1 row x 10 columns, then enter
this formula via ctrl/shift/enter:
=TRANSPOSE(A1:A10)

"jhawk22" wrote in message
I'm looking for the formula that will take numbers in vertical cells
putting
them in horizontal cells. I'm copying from a worksheet that has numbers
listed in columns and need to put them into cells that are in rows.

Thanks

jhawk22

taking numbers in vertical cells putting them in horizontal ce

Perfect. Thanks!