-   -   Help with Vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/262596-help-vlookup.html)

ShaneChop

Help with Vlookup

In my table array I only have two columns, the first contains percents and
the other contains a letter grade that corresponds to that percent. Such as
100%, A+ (next row) 93%, A )next row) 90%, A-. And so on. My lookup value
cell will sometimes contain a percent that a isnt a solid 93% or 90%. More
like a 92.37% or a 98.12 %. How do I make it so that the Vlookup function
will still pair a letter grade to a percentile that inst necessarily written
in the table array?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Help with Vlookup

Put your values in ascending order, & set the range_lookup parameter of the
VLOOKUP function to TRUE (or leave blank).

For VLOOKUP, or any other Excel function except DATEDIF, if you need help,
try Excel help.
--
David Biddulph

"ShaneChop" wrote in message
In my table array I only have two columns, the first contains percents and
the other contains a letter grade that corresponds to that percent. Such
as
100%, A+ (next row) 93%, A )next row) 90%, A-. And so on. My lookup value
cell will sometimes contain a percent that a isnt a solid 93% or 90%. More
like a 92.37% or a 98.12 %. How do I make it so that the Vlookup function
will still pair a letter grade to a percentile that inst necessarily
written
in the table array?

Jacob Skaria

Help with Vlookup

Sort that in ascending order as below and use

Col A Col B
90% A-
93% A
100% A+

With lookup value in cell C1 try the below formulas

=VLOOKUP(C1,$A$1:$B$10,2)
OR
=LOOKUP(C1,$A$1:$A$10,$B$1:$B$10)

--