-   -   Excel Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/262399-excel-formulas.html)

Shona

Excel Formulas

Dear,

I need to calculate the below in excel sheet. please find below the details
and advise me:

Amount - 25000 - 3% * 3%

please advise how to subtract 3% from 25000 and then calculate 3% of that
amount.

awaiting for your earliest response.

OssieMac

Excel Formulas

Hi Shona,

3% is actually 3 hundreths or 0.03. Therefore formula is.

=(25000-0.03*25000)*0.03

Standard maths rules apply inside brackets are first, multiplication is
before add or subtract.

OssieMac

"Shona" wrote:

Dear,

I need to calculate the below in excel sheet. please find below the details
and advise me:

Amount - 25000 - 3% * 3%

please advise how to subtract 3% from 25000 and then calculate 3% of that
amount.

awaiting for your earliest response.

Joe User[_2_]

Excel Formulas

"Shona" wrote:
please advise how to subtract 3% from 25000
and then calculate 3% of that amount.

=25000*(1-3%)*3%

which is the same as:

=(25000 - 25000*3%)*3%

I need to calculate the below in excel sheet. please find below the details
and advise me:

Amount - 25000 - 3% * 3%

please advise how to subtract 3% from 25000 and then calculate 3% of that
amount.

awaiting for your earliest response.

Shona

Excel Formulas