-   -   How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/262110-how-do-i-update-links-xls-sheets-xlms-sheets.html)

june

How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets

I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel
2003. Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking
them.

mcescher

On Apr 21, 2:06*pm, June wrote:
I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel
2003. *Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking
them.

After making a copy of your workbook, try to search and replace ".xls"
with ".xlms"

Hope this helps,
Chris M.

Duke Carey

How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets

It's not clear what you've converted. Is it fair to assume you have already
converted some xls files to xlsm files, but you have sheets/books that now
refer to the old and nonexistent xls file?

One a COPY of your book with the broken links you could do a search for the
old filename and replace with the new. Use Ctrl-H to bring up the dialog
box, and be sure to expand the Options and select Within workbook