Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula assistance please . .

Hi people,
Had a query passed to me about a formula and despite my efforts, have
reached the decision to seek help from your good selves!
Worksheet looks like this;

Col F Col AB Col AC
8564848485858565 5236523652365236 0
8484848484848484 7412741274127412 0
1234567891234567 8484848484848484 1
2582582582582586 8484848456789253 0
8484848484856547 8567458698562311 0

Column F is an ever-increasing year-to-date list of 16 digit codes.
Column AB is the latest weeks list of codes that our clerk pastes in.
Column AC is our duplicate checker; current formula is
=IF(AB14="","0",COUNTIF(F:F,AB14))

I am now wanting to slightly amend the formula so that it checks against the
last 12 digits only of the numbers in Col F.
Hope you can help.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(RIGHT($F$1:$F$6,12)=RIGHT(AB3,12)))

Note you can only use full columns for the range in Excel 2007
--
Mike

question.