-   -   VLOOKUP-How do I get answers pulled from different appropriate col (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26157-vlookup-how-do-i-get-answers-pulled-different-appropriate-col.html)

rOn

VLOOKUP-How do I get answers pulled from different appropriate col

I am trying to use VLOOKUP function to pull shipping cost from different Zone
columns (1-6) based on weights from a NAMED chart. I set the formula like
this:
=VLOOKUP(5-the weight, Shipping-the chart, 2-the column that would give me
the correct answer for this weight and zone, then TRUE). I can't copy the
formula to the rest of the column to give me the correct values. Please help.
What am I doing wrong?

Don Guillett

if
=vlookup(5,$a$2:$x$33,2,false) works
then your range is named yourtable
=vlookup(5,yourtable,2,0) works
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"rOn" wrote in message
I am trying to use VLOOKUP function to pull shipping cost from different

Zone
columns (1-6) based on weights from a NAMED chart. I set the formula like
this:
=VLOOKUP(5-the weight, Shipping-the chart, 2-the column that would give me
the correct answer for this weight and zone, then TRUE). I can't copy the
formula to the rest of the column to give me the correct values. Please

help.
What am I doing wrong?

Alok

My guess is that in the first parameter to the function you are sending a
cell reference rather than a fixed value. Can you put down the exact formua
in the cell which is giving the correct result?

Alok Joshi