-   -   Can I color a cell with "If" formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/261310-can-i-color-cell-if-formula.html)

DLHedges

Can I color a cell with "If" formula

I would like to have the cell turn a certain color with an "If", "Then"
formula. Is that possible?

Dave Peterson

Can I color a cell with "If" formula

You can't do it with a formula in the cell.

But you may be able to do what you want based on conditional formatting.

Format|Conditional formatting
is where I'd start (xl2003 menus)

That, and Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--

Dave Peterson

JLatham

Can I color a cell with "If" formula

Use Conditional Formatting. It's under Format in the pre-2007 menu, it's in
the Home tab, Styles group in 2007.