-   -   Protecting sheets with drop down boxes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/261137-protecting-sheets-drop-down-boxes.html)

Dolores Gomez[_2_]

Protecting sheets with drop down boxes

I have a spread sheet that has drop down boxes with functions and
validations. I want to be able to protect this spreadsheet so that users can
only be able to use the drop down function and not accidently delete the
formula. When I password protect this spreadsheet it will show the drop down
box, however when I click on one of the options it gives me an error and does
not let me select from the list. Is there anyway to protect my spreadsheet
and be able to use the drop down boxes.