-   -   conditionally format cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26085-conditionally-format-cells.html)

elad

conditionally format cells

I have a cell that contains a formula that can yield either a dollar value or
a percentage value, depending on inputs. How can I format the cell to
correctly match the result?

Jason Morin

If the percent is never greater than 100%, then you could custom format the
font color. For example:

[Red][<1]0%;[Blue]$#.00

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"elad" wrote:

I have a cell that contains a formula that can yield either a dollar value or
a percentage value, depending on inputs. How can I format the cell to
correctly match the result?

RagDyeR

Since you didn't state examples, try this custom format, where you'll
*never* have a return of 100%:

[=1]$#,###.00;[<1]#.0%;General

If you anticipate a return of 100%, try this, where you'll lose the ability
to display $1:

[1]$#,###.00;[<=1]#.0%;General
--

HTH,