-   -   Calculating new date by entering number of additional workdays (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/260510-calculating-new-date-entering-number-additional-workdays.html)

blswes

Calculating new date by entering number of additional workdays

Would love some assistance with the following:

If I have a start date in a cell (A1), I am hoping to enter a number of
additional workdays into another cell (B1), resulting in a new date --
skipping weekends -- in a third cell (C1). Looking for the formula for C1.

If it helps, here's an example:
* Start date = 4/1/10 (which is a Thursday)
* Additional workdays = 5
* Solution = 4/7/10 (because it skipped the weekend)

Thanks in advance.

Roger Govier[_8_]

Calculating new date by entering number of additional workdays

Hi

Ensure that you have the Analysis Toolpak loaded.
ToolsAddinsAnalysis Toolpak

then with startdate in A1, number of days to add in B1
=Workday(A1,B1)

Optionally you can include holidays. With a list of holiday adtes in C1:C20
=Workday(A1,B1,$C1:$C20)
--
Regards
Roger Govier