-   -   Need to add a certain percentage to a column of prices (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/26026-need-add-certain-percentage-column-prices.html)

Glowinafuse

Need to add a certain percentage to a column of prices

I have excel 200. I am wanting to add a certain percentage like 20%, etc... to a column of prices. for example if the price on the column was 10.00 it would increase it to 12.00(20% increase).

Can this be done.

Please help...

Thanks in advance,

Glowinafuse :)

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

a) With new price in new column (p.e. with price in cell A2)
=A2*1.2

b) When you want to overwrite old prices with new ones:
- Enter 1.2 into any free (empty) cell. Copy the cell;
- Select the renge with prices;
- from Edit menu, or from right-click drop-down, select Paste Special, and
select Multiply option. OK.
It's done!

Arvi Laanemets

--
Glowinafuse

Glowinafuse

Okay, I am new to this, and I am trying to understand. But where do you put that formula? how... I need to learn this real quick for something at work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvi Laanemets
[...]

Gord Dibben

Assuming your column of prices is Column A.

In B1 enter =A1*1.2

Double-click on the fill handle(small black lump on bottom right corner) of B1
to fill down.

Easiest is to just type the number 1.2 in an empty cell and do the copypaste
specialmultipleOKEsc as Arv1 suggests. But this will overwrite the
originals.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Arvi Laanemets Wrote:
Hi

a) With new price in new column (p.e. with price in cell A2)
=A2*1.2

b) When you want to overwrite old prices with new ones:
- Enter 1.2 into any free (empty) cell. Copy the cell;
- Select the renge with prices;
- from Edit menu, or from right-click drop-down, select Paste Special,
and
select Multiply option. OK.
It's done!

Arvi Laanemets

"Glowinafuse" wrote in message
...-

I have excel 200. I am wanting to add a certain percentage like 20%,
etc... to a column of prices. for example if the price on the column
was 10.00 it would increase it to 12.00(20% increase).

Can this be done.

Please help...

Thanks in advance,

Glowinafuse :)

--
Glowinafuse-

Glowinafuse

Okay, Now how do I change the percentage? Like lets say I want to change it from the 20% to 25%. How do I input that? Cause i will have other items which will require hiher percenatge markup?

Please let me know. You guys have been great!!!

Glowinafuse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord Dibben

Arvi Laanemets Wrote:
Hi

a) With new price in new column (p.e. with price in cell A2)
=A2*1.2

b) When you want to overwrite old prices with new ones:
- Enter 1.2 into any free (empty) cell. Copy the cell;
- Select the renge with prices;
- from Edit menu, or from right-click drop-down, select Paste Special,
and
select Multiply option. OK.
It's done!

Arvi Laanemets

"Glowinafuse"
wrote in message
...-

I have excel 200. I am wanting to add a certain percentage like 20%,
etc... to a column of prices. for example if the price on the column
was 10.00 it would increase it to 12.00(20% increase).

Can this be done.

Please help...

Thanks in advance,

Glowinafuse :)

--
Glowinafuse-

Peo Sjoblom

Or it could be put in another cell as percentage and use

=A1*(1+B1)

where B1 would hold the percentage

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Barb R." wrote:

For the items that require a higher markup, you'll need to change this equation

(in B1) = A1*1.2

=A1*1.25

In the appropriate fields.

-

[...]