-   -   Ageing dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/259950-ageing-dates.html)

Donna[_2_]

Ageing dates

First let me say how much you all have helped me in my job to make our
processes more efficient. You make me look like a star at work, but only
Microsoft knows for sure! Anyway you guys are AWSOME!

My question:

Col A Col B

176 3/29/10

172

I want to know in Col B the date A1 will be exactly 180 days old, but only
if it is 180 days in the current month. In column B1 I would expect to see
3/29/10.
In Col B2 I would not expect to see any date as A2 would not age out to
180 until next month.
Thanks for your help

T. Valko

Ageing dates

the date A1 will be exactly 180 days old
Col A........Col B
176..........3/29/10

What is 176?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Donna" wrote in message
First let me say how much you all have helped me in my job to make our
processes more efficient. You make me look like a star at work, but only
Microsoft knows for sure! Anyway you guys are AWSOME!

My question:

Col A Col B

176 3/29/10

172

I want to know in Col B the date A1 will be exactly 180 days old, but
only
if it is 180 days in the current month. In column B1 I would expect to see
3/29/10.
In Col B2 I would not expect to see any date as A2 would not age out to
180 until next month.
Thanks for your help

David Biddulph[_2_]

Ageing dates

176 was presumably the number of days old when Donna wrote her message (25th
in her part of the world).

Try
=IF(TEXT(TODAY()+180-A1,"mmmyyyy")=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmyyyy"),TODAY()+180-A1,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Donna" wrote in message
First let me say how much you all have helped me in my job to make our
processes more efficient. You make me look like a star at work, but only
Microsoft knows for sure! Anyway you guys are AWSOME!

My question:

Col A Col B

176 3/29/10

172

I want to know in Col B the date A1 will be exactly 180 days old, but
only
if it is 180 days in the current month. In column B1 I would expect to
see
3/29/10.
In Col B2 I would not expect to see any date as A2 would not age out to
180 until next month.
Thanks for your help

Donna[_2_]

Ageing dates

It gave me exacly what I was looking for, Thanks Donna

"Donna" wrote in message
First let me say how much you all have helped me in my job to make our
processes more efficient. You make me look like a star at work, but only
Microsoft knows for sure! Anyway you guys are AWSOME!

My question:

Col A Col B

176 3/29/10

172

I want to know in Col B the date A1 will be exactly 180 days old, but
only
if it is 180 days in the current month. In column B1 I would expect to
see
3/29/10.
In Col B2 I would not expect to see any date as A2 would not age out to
180 until next month.
Thanks for your help

.

David Biddulph[_2_]