-   -   Last number in a column shows in the total/summay line cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/259612-last-number-column-shows-total-summay-line-cell.html)

Jen S[_2_]

Last number in a column shows in the total/summay line cell

I am looking for a formula that would have the last number listed in a column
listed in the total or summary row of the spreadsheet.
Column A lists the month of the year Column B lists # of files pending
Jan 10
Feb 12
Mar 7

Summary -- I want this to show the last number in Column B -- in this
example 7. Thank you.

FSt1

Last number in a column shows in the total/summay line cell

hi
in a cell of your choosing, enter..
=OFFSET(B1,COUNTIF(B1:B100,"0")-1,0)

regards
FSt1

"Jen S" wrote:

I am looking for a formula that would have the last number listed in a column
listed in the total or summary row of the spreadsheet.
Column A lists the month of the year Column B lists # of files pending
Jan 10
Feb 12
Mar 7

Summary -- I want this to show the last number in Column B -- in this
example 7. Thank you.

T. Valko

Last number in a column shows in the total/summay line cell

Another one...

=LOOKUP(1E100,B:B)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jen S" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that would have the last number listed in a
column
listed in the total or summary row of the spreadsheet.
Column A lists the month of the year Column B lists # of files
pending
Jan
10
Feb
12
Mar
7

Summary -- I want this to show the last number in Column B -- in this
example 7. Thank you.

Ziggy

Last number in a column shows in the total/summay line cell

On Mar 22, 8:11*pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Another one...

=LOOKUP(1E100,B:B)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jen S" wrote in message

I am looking for a formula that would have the last number listed in a
column
listed in the total or summary row of the spreadsheet.
Column A lists the month of the year * * * Column B lists # of files
pending
Jan
10
Feb
12
Mar
7

Summary -- I want this to show the last number in Column B -- in this
example 7. Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

=INDIRECT("C"&MAX(IF($C$35:$C$52<0,ROW($C$35:$C$5 2))))

This is an Array formula

Cntr-Alt-Enter to implement