-   -   Formula help for beginner (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/259499-formula-help-beginner.html)

Wincleaner

Formula help for beginner

Hello,

All I want to do is

Column C is an amount
Column D is a drop down list of Paid, Unpaid, Cheque

If Column D = Paid or Cheque I want to calc the sum of the corresponding C
amounts

C D
5 Paid
5 Cheque
5 Unpaid
5 Unpaid
10 Paid

total = £20

Thanks

Don Guillett[_2_]

Formula help for beginner

=SUMPRODUCT((D2:D6={"paid","cheque"})*C2:C6)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Wincleaner" wrote in message
Hello,

All I want to do is

Column C is an amount
Column D is a drop down list of Paid, Unpaid, Cheque

If Column D = Paid or Cheque I want to calc the sum of the corresponding C
amounts

C D
5 Paid
5 Cheque
5 Unpaid
5 Unpaid
10 Paid

total = £20

Thanks

Teethless mama

Formula help for beginner

=SUM(SUMIF(D2:D6,{"Paid","Cheque"},C2:C6))

"Wincleaner" wrote:

Hello,

All I want to do is

Column C is an amount
Column D is a drop down list of Paid, Unpaid, Cheque

If Column D = Paid or Cheque I want to calc the sum of the corresponding C
amounts

C D
5 Paid
5 Cheque
5 Unpaid
5 Unpaid
10 Paid

total = £20

Thanks

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Formula help for beginner

Hi,

=sumif(D2:D6,"Paid",C2:C6)+sumif(D2:D6,"cheque",C2 :C6)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP