-   -   Validate data but then change the entry to upper case (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/259440-validate-data-but-then-change-entry-upper-case.html)

Ephraim

Validate data but then change the entry to upper case

Hi,
Is it possible to validate data to allow only W, w, L, l and then
convert the lower case entry to upper case?
I don't want the user to have to keep pressing shift or caps lock
while entering data in these cells.
Ephraim

Abdul[_2_]

Validate data but then change the entry to upper case

use workshhet.selection chage event code
activedcell.value=ucase(activecell.value)

On Mar 20, 2:55*pm, Ephraim wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to validate data to allow only W, w, L, l and then
convert the lower case entry to upper case?
I don't want the user to have to keep pressing shift or caps lock
while entering data in these cells.
Ephraim

Teethless mama

Validate data but then change the entry to upper case

DV

Allow: List
Source: W,L

Make sure In-cell dropdown is checked

"Ephraim" wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible to validate data to allow only W, w, L, l and then
convert the lower case entry to upper case?
I don't want the user to have to keep pressing shift or caps lock
while entering data in these cells.
Ephraim
.

Ephraim

Validate data but then change the entry to upper case

"Ephraim" wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to validate data to allow only W, w, L, l and then
convert the lower case entry to upper case?
I don't want the user to have to keep pressing shift or caps lock
while entering data in these cells.
Ephraim

Unfortunately the cells are so close together that using a list with
in-cell dropdown covers the cell next to it which slows data entry.
I was hoping to find a solution that would allow the user to input
either W,w,L or l and then convert the lower case to upper case
automatically.
W or w represents a Win and L or l represents a Loss. Because the
lower case l may be confused with the number 1 I wish to keep
everything in upper case. A win is worth one point and a loss get's
zero points.

Gord Dibben

Validate data but then change the entry to upper case

Assuming column A for entry

Option Compare Text
If Target.Column 1 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Value = "w" Or Target.Value = "l" Then
Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
Else: Target.Value = "try again"
End If
ErrHandler: