-   -   I think I need a multiple IF statement, or is there another way? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/259234-i-think-i-need-multiple-if-statement-there-another-way.html)

Carl Waring

I think I need a multiple IF statement, or is there another way?

I can do the simple stuff, but this is more complicated!

In English, this is what I want to do

If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off %
then
If the number in [cell] is <=Y then take off a further %
then
If the number in [cell] is <=Z then take off a further %
then
Display result

It's probably as nested IF statement, but I don't know how to construct it.

Thanks.

Carl Waring

I think I need a multiple IF statement, or is there another way?

Actually, scratch that. I mis-interpreted what I needed to do but I can't
edit or delete the post :-( That said, it still might be useful to know ;-)

This is what I need to know!

If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off A%
then
If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off B%
then
If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off C%
then
Display result

Thanks.

Bob Phillips[_4_]

I think I need a multiple IF statement, or is there another way?

Try

=IF(A2<=x,A2*90%,IF(A2<=Y,A2*80%,IF(A2<=Z,A2*75%,A 2)))

--

HTH

Bob

"Carl Waring" wrote in message
I can do the simple stuff, but this is more complicated!

In English, this is what I want to do

If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off %
then
If the number in [cell] is <=Y then take off a further %
then
If the number in [cell] is <=Z then take off a further %
then
Display result

It's probably as nested IF statement, but I don't know how to construct
it.

Thanks.

Ron Rosenfeld

I think I need a multiple IF statement, or is there another way?

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 03:00:01 -0700, Carl Waring
wrote:

Actually, scratch that. I mis-interpreted what I needed to do but I can't
edit or delete the post :-( That said, it still might be useful to know ;-)

This is what I need to know!

If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off A%
then
If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off B%
then
If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off C%
then
Display result

Thanks.

I'm not sure you've stated it correctly, but something like:

=if(cell<=x,(1-a-b-c)*x,x)

--ron

Jacob Skaria

I think I need a multiple IF statement, or is there another wa

=A1-(A1*IF(A1<=50,10%,IF(A1<=100,20%,IF(A1<=500,30%))) )

--
Jacob

"Carl Waring" wrote:

Actually, scratch that. I mis-interpreted what I needed to do but I can't
edit or delete the post :-( That said, it still might be useful to know ;-)

This is what I need to know!

If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off A%
then
If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off B%
then
If the number in [cell] is <=X then take off C%
then
Display result

Thanks.

Jacob Skaria

I think I need a multiple IF statement, or is there another wa

One way using IF()