-   -   sorting grouped cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/259070-sorting-grouped-cells.html)

D$

sorting grouped cells

Is it possible to sort grouped cells? I have a sheet designed for volleyball
stats where total stats show when all the individual game cells are
collapsed, and I want to sort the total stats rows and have all the grouped
data also be sorted.

Bernie Deitrick

sorting grouped cells

No - use the data as the source of a pivot table, and then you can
automatically sort the resulting calculated values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP