-   -   Why does my text in a cell with wrap text and auto height get cut (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/258636-why-does-my-text-cell-wrap-text-auto-height-get-cut.html)

HerbertB

Why does my text in a cell with wrap text and auto height get cut

It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit.

Any idea where to change this limit?

I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit,
then parts of the text get cut of. The text is still there, but it is not
shown in the cell and it is cut off when printing.

Glenn

HerbertB wrote:
It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit.

Any idea where to change this limit?

I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit,
then parts of the text get cut of. The text is still there, but it is not
shown in the cell and it is cut off when printing.

From he

I found this:

Length of cell contents (text): 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

Does this explain your problem?

HerbertB

Why does my text in a cell with wrap text and auto height get

Yes, this explains it, but it doesn't solve my issue.
Any way around it?

"Glenn" wrote:

HerbertB wrote:
It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit.

Any idea where to change this limit?

I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit,
then parts of the text get cut of. The text is still there, but it is not
shown in the cell and it is cut off when printing.

From he

I found this:

Length of cell contents (text): 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

Does this explain your problem?
.

Glenn

Why does my text in a cell with wrap text and auto height get

Well, two ideas come to mind:

Break up your text into multiple cells with no more than 1,024 characters each.

Use Word for the text. Then insert the document into your worksheet as an object.

"Glenn" wrote:

HerbertB wrote:
It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit.

Any idea where to change this limit?

I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit,
then parts of the text get cut of. The text is still there, but it is not
shown in the cell and it is cut off when printing.

From he

I found this:

Length of cell contents (text): 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

Does this explain your problem?
.

Gord Dibben

Why does my text in a cell with wrap text and auto height get

Add an Alt + Enter linefeed every 100 or so characters.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Glenn" wrote:

HerbertB wrote:
It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit.

Any idea where to change this limit?

I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit,
then parts of the text get cut of. The text is still there, but it is not
shown in the cell and it is cut off when printing.

From he