-   -   how can I use conditional formatting with formula and 3 poss resul (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/258602-how-can-i-use-conditional-formatting-formula-3-poss-resul.html)

CBS

how can I use conditional formatting with formula and 3 poss resul

Want to test 5 calculated results against a static target. If result greater
than target, color cell green. If result = target, color cell yellow. If
result less than target, color cell red. Results are presented in a column
with the target number in a cell 2 rows above headers in the same column.

Fred Smith[_4_]

how can I use conditional formatting with formula and 3 poss resul

Just the way you specified. Your conditions would be something like:
=a2a1 [color green]
=a2=a1 [color yellow]
=a2<a1 [color red]

If you need more help, post back with the version of Excel you are using, as
the instructions differ.

Regard,
Fred